I had posted the first version of this video a few months back on my companies website. What follows is the new and improved version that has been updated with all new information and stats since the previous video was released. This is a short but very powerful and insightful video that will shock you. The video is only 4:25 and does a great job at describing the magnitude of what Social Media really is, why it’s important, and how deep and extensive these networks really are.
Some of the more interesting figures from this new version:
- Over 50% of the world’s population is under 30 and 96% of them have joined some social network
- Facebook tops Google for weekly traffic totals in the US
- 1 out of 8 couples in the US that are married met via social media
- Facebook added 200 million users in less than a year
- If Facebook were a country it would be the 3rd largest
- Generation Y and Z consider email Passe’
- 25% of search results for the world’s top 20 largest brands are links to user generated content
- 90% of people skip TV advertising using TiVo/DVR
Social media isn’t a fad it’s a fundamental shift in the way we communicate. Not sure where to start or how to effectively leverage this new technology to communicate better with your customers? I can help you craft your social media presence and help you plan your content strategy. I am available for onsite training and consulting, simply fill out my contact form and let me know what your goals and challenges are.